Skip to main content

Food for thought....



Would you work more for less?
Would you "trade" more for less?
What does it take for you to succeed?
 
I am all about being fair when it comes to pricing my photography packages. I am not at all looking to retire solely on photography wages. It is a passion I have to capture moments in time for each and everyone of you. I base my prices on what I feel my time is worth. That's it. No charging clients any less or any more because of an assumption of your income status.
I literally have been on the other side of the camera and have spent $$$ on photos of my kids and sat there in aggravation because I can do it as well. Wasn't all that great in the beginning , but I (like anyone else in this business) am growing EVERY.DAY!!
 
I can't stress to anyone that knows me or anyone I meet that I LOVE LOVE LOVE taking pictures! I understand that anyone can pick up a camera and take a photo. It's not that hard. But in the digital age, the cell phone age, cell phone filters, anyone and everyone is a photographer. It takes patience and lots of time behind a camera and computer to learn how to make your photos stand out from the rest. I am not looking to be published in a magazine (although that would be awesome!) I know that I am not the best out there. I don't have a studio and I rely on Mother Nature to be kind so I can have you in front of my camera for xx amount of time. Then comes my second favorite part:
Going thru all the photos I took
Editing and putting my own look on them
Picking my favorites
Delivering them to you
Seeing them hanging on the walls of your home
Seeing them framed on your desk at work
I love and appreciate that you trusted me to stop time for you
 
I get the whole saying "You get what you pay for" but like I said I am not here to break the bank just so you can have some awesome photos hanging on your walls.
 
Just like the job/career you have you had to be trained and learn how to do it. Whether it was on the job training or you went to school to learn the trade, I too have sat in classrooms, sat thru online training to learn and grow in something that changes everyday. I didn't just one day pick up a camera to chase the dollar. I have had a camera in my hand since I was 7 years of age. I loved taking my film to get developed when I was younger and looking at all "my work" (even if it was 17 pictures of my dad tinkering in the garage or 11 pictures of my dolls) I learned something new with every photo taken. I didn't quit one job to start taking pictures. I turned a hobby into a part time job if you want me to be honest here. I decided I wanted to show off my work to the world (well the small chunk of town I live in)
You will never hear of me going after anyone else's "clients" or offering another photographers friends free services to lure them my way.
 I am fair, honest and loyal.
Period.
 
 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Filing and making and filing and setting up galleries and getting a number... I Amarillo Photographer

I've been busy, ya'll!! I filed with Potter and Randall. I have a Tax ID. I am starting to feel more and more like a business!! I have had some hiccups along the way, but I have learned EVERY successful person/business has some bumps in the road! Fortunately for me it isn't about how many "likes" or "mentions" I get, but it is about loyalty to me as a friend and business owner. I have repeat clients. I have family and friends that call on me to capture a sweet moment for them. And I have made friends along the way. Unfortunately, I have lost friends along the way. But were they really my friends to begin with? Probably not. And that's ok!! I want to say THANK YOU a million times to everyone that has stood in front of my camera and has given me the opportunity to capture life and make it stand still. And for referring me to your friends and also coming back again and again to let me capture more memories. There are A LOT of photographers in m...

Guinea Pig....

Shes been there since the day I got my camera. She shared in my excitement in all the things I wanted to do with it and the pictures I envisioned. I told her when she announced her pregnancy that I will always be her personal photographer. From her maternity session to all her sons milestones to family photos a few times last year, I love that (even though I am her sister) she trust me to take the photos I do of her growing family. This has to be my favorite of 2014. It was my nephews first birthday and he had a blast. He even got his own cupcake! :) Jennifer, Thank you for the support, love and encouragement. Thank you for braving winds and cold temps to get that perfect picture. I hope you are as happy as I am when you are in front of my camera. 
I am an on location - natural light photographer. Call today to book your session! I would love to have you in front of my camera! 806.223.6540 'LIKE' me on Facebook 'FOLLOW' me on Instagram (jessicajohnsonphoto)