Skip to main content

Amarillo Photographer

Photographers often work crazy hours: they’re up late in the evening editing, sending emails, and working on their websites. However, it’s important to set your schedule and stick to it. It will give you the opportunity to fit in hobbies and family time, as well as meet your strict deadlines without feeling overwhelmed.   --- Source ShootProof Blog



Often times I have great weeks where everything runs smooth. Other times its hectic and I never feel like I will get it all done. Clients, whether they are family or friends, come first when I sit down to work. I like to say I have business hours, but in all honesty I work until I have product in hand to my clients. Even if that means going to bed after midnight or working on a Sunday morning. 


I do try to find that balance in running an at home business and do my best not to let it interfere with my family. Cause in the short and long of it, they do come first. I have the privilege to work from home and grow my business. I have great support from my husband and family. That's a HUGE plus. 

I like setting my own hours, working in my pajamas, and having my dogs lay at my feet as I work. Pointing a camera is fun. It's also a lot of work. There are expectations I have to meet for every session I am ask/paid to do. I am working for the client as soon as I book the session, all the way to delivering the product. Editing is more time consuming than the actual "picture taking". I spend hours upon hours and sometimes those hours run into days before I am completed and satisfied with the pictures. 

I am still in the beginning phases of being where I want to be. Running a photography business means staying on top of all the latest gear, editing software and constantly being on the hunt for new and exciting locations so I can achieve the things I want with each client. New and old. Family and friends.



Happy Friday and Happy Weekend 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Guinea Pig....

Shes been there since the day I got my camera. She shared in my excitement in all the things I wanted to do with it and the pictures I envisioned. I told her when she announced her pregnancy that I will always be her personal photographer. From her maternity session to all her sons milestones to family photos a few times last year, I love that (even though I am her sister) she trust me to take the photos I do of her growing family. This has to be my favorite of 2014. It was my nephews first birthday and he had a blast. He even got his own cupcake! :) Jennifer, Thank you for the support, love and encouragement. Thank you for braving winds and cold temps to get that perfect picture. I hope you are as happy as I am when you are in front of my camera. 

Filing and making and filing and setting up galleries and getting a number... I Amarillo Photographer

I've been busy, ya'll!! I filed with Potter and Randall. I have a Tax ID. I am starting to feel more and more like a business!! I have had some hiccups along the way, but I have learned EVERY successful person/business has some bumps in the road! Fortunately for me it isn't about how many "likes" or "mentions" I get, but it is about loyalty to me as a friend and business owner. I have repeat clients. I have family and friends that call on me to capture a sweet moment for them. And I have made friends along the way. Unfortunately, I have lost friends along the way. But were they really my friends to begin with? Probably not. And that's ok!! I want to say THANK YOU a million times to everyone that has stood in front of my camera and has given me the opportunity to capture life and make it stand still. And for referring me to your friends and also coming back again and again to let me capture more memories. There are A LOT of photographers in m...
I am an on location - natural light photographer. Call today to book your session! I would love to have you in front of my camera! 806.223.6540 'LIKE' me on Facebook 'FOLLOW' me on Instagram (jessicajohnsonphoto)